Our Practice Ethos is to empower our patients with the knowledge, skills and confidence to help themselves achieve their own potential.
By communicating with our patients in this way, we spark patient engagement in a way that facilitates self care that can bring out long term change in a person’s pain, condition and wellbeing.
Here are our top self care education suggestions for you to take a look at:
1. Understanding pain
2. The single most important thing you can do for your stress
3. Exercise is medicine: what is the single best thing we can do for our health?
4. How to make your day harder
5. Pain: is it all in your mind?
6. Debunking the myth about the role of core stability in low back pain
7. Exercise as medicine for healthcare professionals and patients (click on the link)
8. Do you know the truth about your back:
9. The Drug Cabinet in our brain:
10. Pain in a nutshell and how gradual exercise helps
11. Understanding persistent pain (a PDF guide)
12. FREE mindfulness body scan MP3
13. Evidence based website to keep you up to date with pain based education
14. Another healthcare website designed to help people with musculoskeletal pain issues
15. Pain toolkit
16. Tendon compression and pain
17. Mindful Breathing: through the eyes of children
18. Prescribing running shoes
Say goodbye to the Excuses.
Whether you’re too tired, too busy or you don’t know where to start, we’ve got tips for you to Tweak your Week and overcome any excuse.
20. 15 things you didn’t know about back pain:
21. Controlling flare ups
22. What is pain and what is happening when we feel it?